Saturday, June 15, 2013

CDV of a Woman from Aurora, Illinois 1880s-1890s


This is a CDV of a woman, taken by D. C. Pratt of Aurora, Illinois, probably in the late 1880s or 1890s.  There is no other identifying information on the CDV.

This woman looks like she may be Native American (Indian), or perhaps Asian, or maybe neither, it is hard to tell - at least for me.  It is sort of Sepia toned, no special background or props, and the clothing she's wearing looks pretty mainstream for the period.

She has a bit an exotic look to her, and that is enough to make this an interesting photo.  At least to me.


2 comments:

  1. The necklace (?) is interesting - I can't see any details from the posted picture tho...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked at it thru a magnifying glass, and I can't make out any details either - at least not enough to say with any certainty that it's a particular design.

    ReplyDelete